12.30.2011

Shortest Cold Ever

I caught a cold visiting my sister in Colorado, so I raided her vitamin cabinet.

In addition to Echinacea root tincture (recall, Echinacea root is the only effective part; the aerial parts are bogus, because they do not contain the cold-fighting compounds), which I took, she had this Zicam oral mist, containing zinc.

The label said it was clinically proven to reduce the duration of a cold, something the FDA might take issue with. However, all I can say is I used it thrice daily, and this was the shortest duration cold I ever had. I wish I had had this stuff last year, when I had a cold that lasted from Halloween all the way to New Years. I am definitely investing in some when I get back to Wisconsin.

This is not a scientific case study of course, because, like I said, I also took Echinacea, as well as vitamins and a Mucinex type of thing. I also drank a lot of tea and got tons of sleep (I am on vacation after all...).

None the less, I feel like the Zicam spray did help shorten the duration of this cold, which is now almost gone. I don't know how I know, it is just a gut feeling.

Zinc has been shown to help fight colds. So, I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/31/2011

    Good idea for Shortest Cold Ever...............
    Nutritional Supplements

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alcachofa Liquid 60 Capsules are weight control supplement that can help reduce your appetite, promote fat burn, increase your metabolism and make you healthy.

    ReplyDelete