10.23.2011

Project for November and December

The holidays are coming.

I like to eat holiday food.

Because of that, I also need to work out regularly, to keep my basal metabolic rate high enough to burn through all those calories.

So my lifestyle project for the next 2 months is to work out 5 days per week, for a minimum of 45 minutes, at a modest exertion level (120+ pulse rate).

The goal is to see if weight can be maintained, or better yet lost, with a fairly benevolent workout that is not too intense it scares people away. Time commitment is the only hurdle of this regimen. The exercise itself is meant to be very doable without a lot of physical effort.

I would have started this project sooner, but I needed to get everything in place.

I have an exercise bike set up at home on a trainer. I recently gained access to the gym at work, where I can workout most lunch hours. There's a treadmill, bike machine, and elliptical. So getting the 5 workouts in shouldn't be a problem.

4 of them will be during the work week. Friday will usually be the day off, because that is the day I go out to lunch with some co-workers. The additional workout will be on the weekend some time.

If I can get in a 90 minute workout on the weekend, I may reduce the following week's regimen to 3 days, as a reward for doing more on the weekend. But we will see how it goes.

I have already started on the protocol, even though it does not kick in until November, officially. One thing I have noticed already is that when I workout at noon, I am madly productive in the afternoon in the office. I have so much energy, and don't get sleepy.

It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment