1.28.2012

Organic Food Companies - The Paleo Diet This Week

Hi. It's Joe.

This week, I violated the Paleo Diet plan a few times. Remember, my goal was to try to adhere to it as best as possible. I arbitrarily settled on 80% compliance as the baseline lowest I would go.

I ate some cheese this week. I also ate some sweets at work. I have a co-worker who makes the best baked goods I have ever tasted. This week was National Chocolate Cake Week (or so she claims), and she rose to the challenge. So did I, by eating some.

I also ate some birthday cake and chocolate ice cream at the end of my work day yesterday. Not a huge amount. I also had a couple of beers at a work celebration yesterday. It was on the company, so who am I to decline free beer?

But for most of the week, I think I was pretty compliant. I ate Paleo chili, homemade beef and veggie stir fry, some HuHot Mongolian Grill, eggs, and tofu. I did eat a veggie wrap at Barriques, and so the tortilla itself was not compliant, but the innards were.

As I was writing this, just minutes ago, Fed Ex delivered me a shipment of 100% grass fed Black Angus beef from Montana. There are now 12 1-pound bricks of frozen Paleo friendly beef in my freezer. It's stir fry beef, so I plan to incorporate them into meals the next couple of weeks. No, they were not cheap, but they were not as expensive as I thought either, and shipping was free, and I got some free grass fed Black Angus meatballs as part of the deal.

I used to be an affiliate of the grass fed beef company in Montana, but they dropped me for some reason. That's too bad, because I would totally endorse their product.

I also got some dry ice in the package they sent it in. Hours of fun. I wish it was Halloween, so I could make a bubbling cauldron of (no sugar added) fruit punch.

P.S. I fully admit to putting "Organic Food Companies" in the title of this post as an attractant for web traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment