11.25.2011

4 Down and 1 to Go (and it is only Friday)

This 2 month fitness challenge I am on to do five 45-minute workouts per week from November through December is turning out to be not as much of a challenge as I thought. It is pretty easy actually.

Today I ran a 5k at a very modest pace (10 minute miles). I can't believe I am still able to run in shorts in late November in Wisconsin. But I can't complain. Running has become a lot easier for me too. When I first started this, running was killer. Now I can get through it pretty easily.

And I think I am a little bit faster roo, as evidenced by the fact that my dog Buddy now has to trot, rather than just walk, to keep up with me. He even galloped a couple times.

The run was my 4th workout for this week. I attribute being ahead of schedule to the 2 days off for Thanksgiving, and the fact that I did a double workout yesterday - 90 minutes on the stationary bike (it wasn't as warm outside as the forecast had indicated). I also did the stationary bike for 45 minutes on Monday night.

I was supposed to run with a co-worker on Wednesday, but she bailed. I had a lot of work to do, so I also bailed. Otherwise I'd be at my 5 workout goal and could pretty much take the weekend off from exercise.

I have a rock show tomorrow night, GUPPY EFFECT's last show. That will be pretty much of a workout in and of itself. However, I can't count it. I have to do a "real" workout that I can document on My Fitness Pal, which I am using to track my exercise and calorie consumption. Although dietary restriction is not required on this challenge, it is kind of nice to know when I am over or under my caloric intake goal.

My basement smells like kitty litter, and that's really odd, because I don't have a cat.

1 comment:

  1. Follow up. I got my fifth 45-minute workout in today, before noon. It's Saturday. If I do one tomorrow, I will have a surplus for this week. I probably will.

    ReplyDelete